Earmarks are used in Quadrant Self Service to flag exceptional or unsuitable applicants, or to add a note to their applications. Earmarks are either of the lookup type and allow you make a selection from a list of choices, or are comments that are entered manually. Earmarks are UDF attributes and are stored in an Earmark UDF that you need to configure and specify on the System Configuration window.
To configure an earmark UDF
- Open the Configuration menu, and then the User Defined Folders window.
- Select Employee from the User Defined Folder Type list box at the bottom of the window.
- Click Add.
- Select the UDF group you created for recruiting purposes from the Group list box.
- Give the UDF a readily identifiable name, for example Earmarks, in the Description box.
- Click Save, and then click Edit.
- Click the Add button beside the Attribute pane at the bottom of the window.
The UDF Attributes dialog opens.
- Select the Earmark and Earmark Comments attributes in the Available pane and use the arrows to move them to the Selected pane.
The Earmark attribute will be a lookup type, and the Earmark Comments attribute will be a memo type. If these attributes or their equivalents do not already exist, you will have to create them.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
After you’ve created the Earmark UDF, you will need to select it as the default earmark folder on the System Configuration window. For more information, see System Configuration for Recruiting.